Wednesday, February 14, 2018

A Peverett Phile Valentine Pheaturing Alannah Myles


Hello, everybody, welcome to the Phile for a Wednesday... it's Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day has become an obligatory holiday for everyone. If you're single, you're supposed to celebrate how miserable you are. If you're in a relationship, you must celebrate your love... which does not always go to plan. People forget the holiday, misread the situation, are thoughtless, or simply do not want to be dating their partner. Me? I'm just a tiny marshmallow bobbing along the hot cocoa river of love. Actually, hot cocoa gives me the shits so that could explain a lot. If you're alone a great way to deal with not having a Valentine's date is moving to a country that doesn't celebrate Valentine's Day. I hope you're having a good week so far, better than Olympic analyst Joshua Cooper Ramo. NBC fired one of its Olympics analysts after his comments during the opening ceremony offended Koreans. Former NBC Olympic analyst Joshua Cooper Ramo decided to dig up the old wounds of Japan's occupation of Korea from 1910 to 1945, which the "Washington Post" notes was a period in which the Japanese army enslaved Korean females as "comfort women." "Every Korean will tell you that Japan is a cultural, technological and economic example that has been so important to their own transformation," Ramo remarked during the show. This prompted thousands of Koreans to angrily "Actually..." "Any reasonable person familiar with the history of Japanese imperialism, and the atrocities it committed before and during World War II, would find such statement deeply hurtful and outrageous," the petition read. "And no, no South Korean would attribute the rapid growth and transformation of its economy, technology, and political/cultural development to the Japanese imperialism." NBC apologized, but initially kept Ramo on. After more criticism, he was told to sashay away. The first rule of Olympics coverage... don't anger the host country with offensive comments attributing their entire success to military occupation by another country.
There are three giant penis statues outside Olympic Village. "Penis statues" is an understatement. These are statues of giant penises with human bodies that also have their own penises. Got it? Penises-with-penises statues. To help you visualize...


The installment is called Bullet Man, was installed in Pyeongchang in 2009, and is reportedly meant to symbolize "the human desire for a cool body, wealth, honor with a concrete image." But what it's come to symbolize is: a new meme. People are putting their talents to good use. Some are embodying the statues themselves. "Penis head man" has even been made into latte art. And LEGO art. And this person got out their crochet kit and crocheted the penis statue meme.


The penis statues have inspired some impressive art across a whole range of genres. Isn't technology great?
Two days ago a letter postmarked from Boston arrived at Donald Trump Jr.'s apartment that contained a suspicious white powder. Don Jr.'s wife, Vanessa Trump, opened the letter, and was quite reasonably afraid of the white stuff and went to the hospital, along with two other people. Thankfully, everyone's okay. The substance was quickly ruled to be non-hazardous, and NBC News today reported that it "appeared to contain corn starch, senior law enforcement officials said." NBC News also learned from law enforcement officials that the note allegedly said, "You are an awful, awful person. I am surprised that your father lets you speak on TV. You the family idiot. Eric looks smart. This is the reason why people hate you. You are getting what you deserve. So shut the fuck up." The sender was clearly deranged, seeing as they called Eric smart. I kid, I kid. Sending threatening letters (with or without corn starch) is never okay. Nobody should be subjected to such threats, especially not in their own homes where their kids live. To all the crazies out there... stick to getting your anger out on Twitter like the rest of us, including the president.
In the latest "Sports Illustrated" swimsuit issue, some women have swapped swimsuits for words. As part of an art project called "In Her Own Words," the magazine invited athletes and models to paint words on their bodies they want to promote and represent. Aly Raisman has long been an inspiration for women and girls throughout her Olympic career, and has increasingly wowed the world with her victim impact statement at Larry Nassar's sentencing hearing and her statements criticizing the officials who enabled him. She wears her survivor status with pride, sporting the word across her chest. Raisman shared a shot from the shoot on her personal Instagram.


"I would like to remind everyone that being a survivor is nothing to be ashamed of, and going through a hard time does not define you," Raisman told "Sports Illustrated." "We are not alone and we need each other."
A man's offensive racist rant went viral after being caught on film, but karma took care of him when he was punched in the face by a bystander. According to BuzzFeed, Jeanne Heo was riding the red line metro in Los Angeles when a man approached her and asked if she was tired. Heo initially ignored the man, but he was persistent in his questioning. He then asked if she was American, to which she replied "yes." After she got off the train, the man followed her and continued berating her with questions, eventually asking "Where are your genetics from? Are you Korean?" When Heo continued to ignore the harasser, he went on an unhinged racist rant. Then Heo pulled out her camera and started filming him, "Fuck you, go back to Asia," said the man while flipping off the 29-year-old. "Let's nuke you, Trump, god bless Trump, we're going to nuke you guys," he continued. At the end of the video, you can see the man start to walk off. But after the camera stopped rolling he was met with the fist of justice. No, literally a fist. A bystander who observed the entire incident from the time Heo was on the train punched the man in the face, Heo told Buzzfeed, "Look, violence is never the answer, but at the same time..." The man who stepped in was African-American, which prompted the racist dude to spew even more hateful rhetoric and racial slurs. Heo recalls hearing the man say, "Get back in your cage, you niggers are all the same." BuzzFeed reports that L.A. Police Department called the incident a "verbal disagreement" and that "no crime has been committed."
You know what's sad? When your milk has a day on Valentine's Day and you don't...


If I had a TARDIS I would go back in time and try to meet Winston Churchill. Knowing my luck though he would be surrounded by Frenchmen... liberated Frenchmen who some will light his cigar but still...


So, the other day I was supposed to Google "kangaroo" and instead Googled "mangaroo" and this is what I found...


Hahaha. So, some people are just rotten people in the world. Take a look at this...


What an asshole. If you're having a bad day, people, it could be worse...


Hahaha. So, with the Olympics there are some Olympians worth watching the games for because they are very attractive. Like Silje Norendal from Norway.


See what I mean. So, did you know there's a Valentine's Day logo for singles? No? Well...


There you go. Ha. So, my son and I were talking about how we used to watch "Sesame Street" when he was little. I am glad he's not little now as that show sure has changed.



Bert just didn't see the appeal. But if bathing in Stalin's sperm was on Ernie's bucket list, far be ir from him to judge.




Hahaha. If you spot the Mindphuck let me know. So, a "friend" of the Phile wants to address Trump's silence on domestic abuse victims here on the Phile. She hasn't been here in awhile, which is a good thing. Anyway, here she is...


Sarah: Oh, my darling, oh, my darling, oh my darling... Clementine. Hello, Jason.

Me: Hello, Sarah... so, I guess the White House is still reeling from the Rob Porter scandal.

Sarah: Hmmm... maybe.

Me: Well, in case you missed it it is this... Sigh. "The Daily Mail" and "The Intercept" reported that (now former) White House staff secretary Rob Porter allegedly beat both of his ex-wives, and they had photos. The White House defended him. It was reported that the FBI was aware of this, and refused to grant him security clearance. The White House kept him anyway. "The Washington Post" added that White House counsel Don McGahn knew the people's house was harboring a domestic abuser with a restraining order against him. The White House counsel kept him anyway. Chief of Staff John Kelly learned about Porter's abuse in the fall. He let him work in the West Wing anyway.

Sarah: Jason, let me take this opportunity to write a new timeline of the White House responses. I insist that Trump supports victims of domestic violence, even though he has never publicly said anything to that effect.

Me: Exactly.

Sarah: President Trump believes a “mere allegation” shouldn’t be a “determining factor” for any individual and supports due process in any allegation.

Me: But if it's not on Twitter, did it really happen?

Sarah: President Trump "dictated" a statement saying he supports domestic violence victims. 

Me: President Trump has repeatedly said he relies on Twitter to make sure he can speak directly to the world about important issues.

Sarah: Trump's tweet after the matter was clearly on the side of the accused.


Me: Sarah, why the president isn't taking the opportunity to voice support for victims?

Sarah: I'm the spokesperson, so he's speaking through me. Okay? Okay.

Me: If you feel like you're going insane because you recall the White House defending Rob Porter even after the photos of his ex-wife's black eye were published, you're not going insane. The White House really did defend Rob Porter after photos of his ex-wife's black eye were published.


Me: Why does the White House have people working with classified documents despite not having permanent security clearance into an attack on the press?

Sarah: If you have real concerns about leaking out classified information, the press are the ones that publish classified information and put national security at risk. Good-bye, Jason.

Me: Bye, Sarah. Sarah Huckleberry Sanders, everyone. That was so annoying.




And now for some sad news.


Marty Allen 
March 23rd, 1922 — February 12th, 2018
Most people know him as the Darling of Daytime TV, but fewer people know him by his other nickname... the Freak with the Weird Hairdo.

Vic Damone 
June 12th, 1928 — February 11th, 2018
Tzena, Tzena, Tzena.

John Gavin 
February 9th, 2018
His first big break was Imitation of Life. So, um, yeah.

Wally Moon 
April 3rd, 1930 — February 9th, 2018
He batted left-handed and threw right-handed... which explains why he didn't have a free hand to take care of that uni-brow.



The 75th book to be phaeatured in the Phile's Book Club is...


Bruce will be the guest on the Phile on Monday. And now for some Valentine's Day...


Phact 1. Valentine’s Day is the day that Saint Valentine was beheaded for supporting soldiers getting married.

Phact 2. India celebrates Children’s Day on November 14th, exactly 9 months after Valentine’s Day.

Phact  3. In Japan women give chocolates to men on Valentine’s Day and the men reciprocate it a month later for White Day.

Phact 4. Americans used to send mean and insulting cards to each other on Valentine’s Day.

Phact 5. A festival practiced in ancient Rome is thought to be the origins of Valentine’s Day where men would sacrifice goats and make whips from their skin while women would line up to receive lashes as a fertility ritual and to ease childbirth pains.



Today's guest is a Canadian singer-songwriter whose most well-known for her number-one classic rock hit, "Black Velvet". Her latest album "85 bpm" is available on Amazon, iTunes and Spotify. Please welcome to the Phile... Alannah Myles.


Me: Hey, Alannah, welcome to the Phile. How are you?

Alannah: Hey, I'm good. Just be warned... I'm very flippant and I'll say anything. Don't ask me anything about about money. For years I was in begrudgedment because I wasn't paid.

Me: Alright. I won't. So, if anyone wonders where you have been all these years, Alannah, you are still popular in Germany of all places. Do you go over there a lot?

Alannah: The Germans... they would laugh at me. They don't understand how an artist that sold over 10 million records is broke and doesn't have two sticks to rub together. All their fucking artists are so protected.

Me: So, you're from Canada, right? What do you think or did think of the American record companies?

Alannah: American record companies tend to be, because it's so large and such a huge territory, everyone wants to break it. Everyone is more focused on the Grammys, being on the "Billboard" number one, and so basically America crawled up its own butt about fifteen years ago when the industry started to slide. There was no turning back, they mistreated their artists, they not paid them properly. Some of them got paid not at all. Do you know the story about Corey Hart? He did not make a dime from all his records. Not a fucking dime! He made money from the publishing from the songs he wrote but he didn't make any sales money. He was 18-years-old when he signed the deal, and although he had a lawyer when he signed the deal... an inexperienced lawyer, there's a statue of limitations that lasted only 2 years. It normally takes about five years for artists to realize they didn't get their fair shake. They go "wait a minute" but it's too late. You have to speak up within the two years you sign the contract otherwise you get nothing and go back to the land of legal.

Me: Okay, so, you are known for the number one song "Black Velvet," which is a great song. That song must've changed your life, am I right?

Alannah: Maybe. They put 80 million dollars into me and even after spending 20 million to really put it out there I still paid back 7 million dollars for the expenses it cost to make the record 18 years later. I'll never want to sign another deal with a major record company again. I never made a penny... not a dime.

Me: Alannah, you were pretty successful back in the day. How do you think that happened?

Alannah: If you love something and give it nothing but love and it's a good quality and all the choices and music you put into it it's usually done by more heads than one. I think the triad is what made me successful... three people with great ideas combining their resources to create one great idea. There's a good thing about the triad, like Led Zeppelin which is four people but there's been many. Rush is a triad. AC/DC was a triad. Let's say George Martin was one and the Beatles was another. There's many reasons why, it's a key.

Me: So, you're from Canada and I like to ask all my Canadian guests if they are fans of one of my favorite bands... Barenaked Ladies. Are you a fan of there's?

Alannah: Yeah, they're pretty successful, and are rich but should be richer. They probably were treated bad. They are not on a major label anymore, they have their own label.

Me: Is there a difference with the Canadian music business than the American business?

Alannah: I assure you that there are Americans who I am in good company, like Ray Charles and Aretha Franklin... they've been treated the same way. It's just they have great people and in any court of law it's arguable that Atlantic needed to pay them what they deserved, so they settled. They didn't settle, let's just say they went back and renegotiated. In my case when I'm considered a one-hit wonder I don't have a leg to stand on so there's no use in fighting it. I and a production deal which was eight albums long and had twenty different clauses that prevented me from getting out of that deal. I'm that everyone that got out of that deal. I couldn't have done it without the help of Miles Copland who ripped me from Atlantic. If you made a deal before 1990 before their was digital airplay a lot of artists, myself included, got to go back and renegotiate their contacts. I think it was started by Gordon Lightfoot in Canada as he was on an American label... Warner Bros., and he wasn't paid for the records he was owed and I think he and some other artists did a class action suit. And now I see a substantial increase in the points percentage based on what's there. Whether I think it's fair or not, personally I think it's highway robbery, it's better than the crap they dealt me since I started making royalty checks.

Me: So, what do you think of the song "Black Velvet"? It still was the song that kinda changed you, you can't deny that, right?

Alannah: The thing with "Black Velvet" is its got legs. I'll be okay. I won't be a multi-millionaire from one song but I'll be okay. That is of course until something breaks. If it gets put into some big-ass movie, suddenly it's a song young folks are singing. The next thing I know the royalties wind up back over to me.

Me: My son loves the song and know it from "Grand Theft Auto." Anyway, after the first album you came out with the album "Rockinghorse" which has one of my favorite album covers ever. I have to show it here...


Me: Was it a different experience with that album, Alannah?

Alannah: I was stressed to the nines and so no money coming. I didn't realized it didn't come until the third record when I had to borrow some bucks in my tank to go to the studio and record my record. This is why I didn't do interviews for a long time, because I didn't want gripe. I wasn't for the fame, I didn't get the money.

Me: Okay, so, I love the newest album, "85 bpm," which has a THREE new version of "Black Velvet." This must make you a little bit happy, am I right?

Alannah: It all works out. I'm very happy now with what I created and very happy with the body of work. It's not just one song. People can call me a one-hit wonder as much as they like... their fools and don't know any better. It's just sticks and stones. I don't really care because I'm sure about the choices that I made. Twenty-eight years later people are still listening and going wow. I have eyes, I see what I did, it's great. I'm very proud. 

Me: Good. You had ten or more hits in Canada, am I right?

Alannah: Actually, only about six top 40 hits in Canada. "Black Velvet" wasn't a number one hit there, just "Lover of Mine" was a number one hit from the first record and "Song Instead of a Kiss" from the second album. What happened then is Madonna ripped me off with her "Rain" video and people were like "Alannah who?" What can you do? I'm not the only one that Madonna stole from. I'm sure there are many artists out there. Kudos to her for doing it better. They say imitation if the highest form of flattery.

Me: Who are your influences, who did you listen to growing up in Canada?

Alannah: When I wrote "Song Instead of a Kiss" I went to Joni Mitchell who was having lunch in Santa Monica. She was my idol. My engineer sat there with his mouth gaping open. I told him to close his mouth or I wasn't gonna eat with him. He said he'll close my mouth if I go over to her. So I went over to her and interrupted her in the middle of her soup. She had the soup slurping half way in her mouth and I gushed telling her she was my idol, blah blah blah, I told her I dedicated a song on my record to her because I stole it from her. I wanted to put the sadness of her song "Blue" in my song. To me that's the saddest song. I just weep every time I hear it. it's just so sad. It's about great, great love that can never be.

Me: So, do you live in Canada still, Alannah?

Alannah: I live in the Colonies... Canada. Still Toronto.

Me: So, your music career when on a break for quite a few years. Why did that happen, Alannah? 

Alannah: I can't say that, I'm saving to for the book. I can't tell you that because to much people might not like me saying the actual god knows truth and they'll deny it, sue me, or maybe worse. It's a pretty nasty story and it's heartbreaking.

Me: Alright, we won't go into it then. You mentioned Miles Copeland helping you, Alannah. How and why did that happen?

Alannah: I asked for a bail out, I went with Miles Copeland and he saved me from the label as they were no longer gonna support me and I got out when I could get out. I saw Atlantic was a corrupt place to be and the people that were the cause of my ruin were all gone... they all went off to other labels. But that doesn't mean they can't hurt me.

Me: So, what was he like to work with?

Alannah: He was an amazing qualifier. He was so interesting, I really liked his heart. He never made any decisions with money for me, so we didn't make any, but... he got me off that label. He offered to but the album, as he didn't want them to hold me back. They said they'll give it the best shot, but they did nothing. However, long story short, they didn't do anything, nothing happened, no support came, the chips were down. I was ready to pack up my bags, the new people didn't get it, the old people had gone, they did a fair shake leaving there was no business for Alannah. That point when the record failed Miles went in there and said, "You promised me that you'd work this record, now I want the record and I want her back." Now, he couldn't get my royalties back because that's contractual. They had all that etched in stone. But he got me out of the deal so I could go work with him. But that record died because being a big fish in a small pond, there were many angry and jealous people in the small pond that would eat the bigger fish.

Me: Did you ever think about suing Atlantic, or anybody else?

Alannah: Only people like Taylor Swift sue, as she has money to do it. People who don't have money or have questionable financing don't have the money to sue. If they do they are very brave people because it can all go down the chute with one court case.

Me: When you weren't making music what did you do?

Alannah: I toured. I would set a gig overseas in Germany or Switzerland. I couldn't make money in Canada as it was too much land to cover and not enough people here to cover the cost of admission. I would make sure that my flights were covered and I would get my band there and I would work it out where I'll make enough money or I'll take a gig where I would hire a band in Germany, rehearse and come back with some money in my pocket or whatever. I would go away every month to do my gigs in Europe and come back and pay my rent and have the Germans laugh at me. They were not sympathetic at all.

Me: Your dad was a legend in Canadian broadcasting, right? What did he think of your career? Was he able to help you?

Alannah: Not really, no. I did go my mother and said can I borrow money for gas but there was no family wealth that administered my way. If I was in trouble, yes, I would be helped. If I was really starving, but I never lived on death's door. My mom is still alive... she's 99-years-old.

Me: Wow. My parents both passed away in 2000. Tell the readers who your dad was.

Alannah: It's so embarrassing, Jason, because people don't believe me, they think I'm making it up. My father invented hockey night in Canada... he invented hockey for TV with an American and a Brit. He was the first broadcaster in Canada and probably the first millionaire in creative arts in Canada. He was in the media reps business before he made his money. He was in working in an advertising agency up until the onset of TV in the 50s, when radio had switched over to television. He had all his contacts in radio... he had three soup clients, Lever Brothers, Palmolive, Ivory or somebody else. Three soap companies all vying for his attention art director. He found away to make them all happy by taking three cameras, and recognizing how popular hockey was on a regional level, made it go national on CTV television which was on his property. They rented the property from him where their tower was. He put the three soap cameras on billboards and filmed them, as he needed advertising. My mom and dad came from poor immigrant families, fresh off the boat. My father was self made, and my mother was his wife and he loved her. He'll be 101-years-old now if he lived now. He was the most modest man you'd ever meet. I wrote his page on Wikipedia but they pulled it as it didn't come from me, it didn't come from anybody official.

Me: My dad was the lead singer in Foghat. I wrote his Wikipedia page, and they didn't pull it. Hahaha. I didn't know you played guitar, Alannah, until I saw pictures of you with a guitar. How young were you when you started playing guitar and singing? 

Alannah: When I was about 12-years-old I was learning on my mother's guitar that had a wide-neck, and I was learning to play my little folky songs. I was always practicing and singing, and my father was a show biz dad. He would snap his fingers and say, "Okay, pay for the hay." because he had horses. There was Norman Jewison, sitting in our living room and me as a little girl singing "Jesus Christ Superstar" to the guy that had written it. Norman Jewison would become a renowned director, but would never hire me or a bit part or anything. I called him once and stupidly didn't ask him if he'd direct a video for me, but does he have a student who would. I'm Canadian, I didn't have the balls to ask him if he'd do it. He was insured, he would of done it tomorrow.

Me: I love your song, "Bad 4 You." That song rocks, Alannah. Was that song successful and did you write it?

Alannah: Thanks. It was co-written with Eric Bazillian who wrote "If God Was One Of Us," and had a huge successful career. I wrote the song with two successful writers, had a sexy video but the head of Much Music said we can't play that video because it's too sexy for a video, Meanwhile there's a Chris Isaak video with a girl practically going down on him. But mine's too sexy for Canadian video? Clearly it was just a grudge from the woman involved that she buried my video. All Miles could say was, "Alannah, I didn't know what the hell you did up in Canada..." Record companies were going out of business left right and center, he had how one personal record label and he didn't have the finances from Universal that he aligned his property with so I took the hit with him and went down. I have to say that Miles gave me back the record, "A Rival" last year. The rights and everything, it's mine. Bless his sweet heart, I'm forever indebted to him for doing the right thing. He believed in me probably more than he believed in Sting. I once read his notes, I was having a meeting with him in his living room at his home in London, and I saw his notes that said something like "what the hell can I do with Alannah Myles? Sting is a wooden Indian compared to Alannah Myles... what the hell?" That's all I remember. That was his personal notes to himself saying what the hell am I doing wrong with this artist.

Me: So, would you be bad for me? Haha. What was the inspiration for that song?

Alannah: I was at one of of the towers at Myles' castle in France and I was writing with Eric Bazillian and Desmond Childs, and I said it was great they thought I was bad for all these men, but you have to give me some kind of respect, you can't just give me a song that says I'm bad for you. Give me something good, there has to be something in it saying I could do good for you. They got really mad at me for actually having a songwriters opinion and they had a nerve to tell me something about being a one-hit wonder, and insulting me. Clearly I wasn't involved in this songwriting session and I was just had to just my mouth. I wasn't gonna get what I was asking for, I was so insulted I literally went up and kissed him on the side of the face and I said, "You know what, I'm going to leave you guys now as I can see I don't belong here. Just for your information, I've got news for you. I'd rather have one "Black Velvet" than 10 "Livin' On the Prayers" and I kissed him on the side of the face and went to the fire place in the big dining hall, I stared at the fire for two hours, and Miles thought what the hell was wrong with me. Eric went to Miles and said I was a lady, I believed like a lady and he behaved abominably. Do you know what Eric did? He wrote the bridge of the song based on my direction. Desmond said, "I'll charge you 50,000 to go into the studio to record the record." I said, "Fuck you, we'll just use the demo." You should interview Eric Bazillian, he would be a great interview.

Me: I will. Okay, I have to ask you about Jeff Healy, who was great. He played with you on the "85 bpm" record, am I right?

Alannah: He was a dear, dear friend. He was blind and couldn't't make up his mind, and his manager was a prick. I remember being at a party at his house and I was on the fourth floor where the party room was and it was so lavish, it was where they spent all of Jeff's money. It looked like Elvis' mansion with four inch shagged carpets. There was a fuck palace at the top floor and when I came out the manager zipped up his pants like I've done something with him. I was disgusted. This was the same manager that was feeding Jeff information about me, who I was, and Jeff, bless his heart, made up his own mind. Jeff called me once when he had a club in Toronto and asked me to come and sing with him. I went down to his club, he got to know me, and we became inseparable friends. He worked so hard, as his cancer grew and grew, to make enough money for his wife and son. He was such a lovely, lovely guy, I miss him so, I wish he was alive. I miss going to his club, it was like having my own little club in Toronto where I could go and play for the people privately.

Me: What was the best story of your career, Alannah? Something positive I hope.

Alannah: It was when "Black Velvet" was nominated for a Grammy. They held the Grammys in New York, and I get to the hotel and I hired my make-up artist and said if you want to go shopping, make sure you do my make-up before you go. The Grammy association called me and said for me to get there now, I was in the pre-broadcast. They did not feature the best female rock artist in the main broadcast, but they included the male who at that time was Eric Clapton, but he was away, he was a no-show. I got the make-up artists to get back to my suite to get my hair and make-up done and get down there. I was sitting in the audience in the afternoon and they announced the best female rock singer and they said "Black." I thought it was gonna be "Black Cat," by Janet Jackson. In the category there was Aretha Franklin, Alison Moyet, Lita Ford, Melissa Etheridge... when they said "Black Velvet" I was like "huh?" It took me forever to get the podium, I couldn't believe it. When I got up there I did my speech and later on when they did the televised version Lyle Lovett and Susanne Vega gave me my award and I went up and accepted my award. The next year they sandwiched the female and male groups together.

Me: That's a good story. Alannah, thanks so much for being on the Phile.

Alannah: Thank you. There's been people that had grandchildren since my first record came out, but there you are.

Me: Ha. Please come back on the Phile when you can, Alannah.

Alannah: Of course, it was my pleasure.





Wow. I have no idea what to say. That about does it for this entry of the Phile. Thanks to Alannah. Holy interviews, Batman, the Phile will be back next Sunday with Burt Ward from "Batman." Spread the word, not the turd. Don't let snakes and alligators bite you. Bye, love you, bye. Have a good Valentine's Day.


































Not if it pleases me. No, you can't stop me, not if it pleases me. - Graham Parker

No comments:

Followers