Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pheaturing Andry "Shango" Rajoelina


Hey there, good evening and welcome to a Thursday entry of the Phile. How's it going? Okay, as a warning, I am gonna tell a story and show a woman with FULL. FRONTAL. NUDITY. I don't want the whole world freaking out... shit, it might happen. Hmmmm. What to do... Anyway, here's the blood story.  It's getting increasingly difficult to not see Kim Kardashian naked these days. In addition to the shimmering butt featured in Paper Magazine's cover photo that broke the Internet the other day, we're now seeing the full photo collection from the new issue, featuring all the greased-up body parts of Kim Kardashian that were previously denied to us. What Tila Tequila was to MySpace, Kim Kardashian is to the USA. This is the cover of Paper Magazine...


She might have kept Paper Magazine in print for the next five years with that one cover photo for their winter issue. Anyway, I wanna show the full nudity picture but that's up to you, kids. Fuck it.


There you go. I'm not showing you the other one. Moving on...  President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping... leaders of the two biggest pollution-creating nations in the world, have agreed to act as though they will cut carbon emissions by 28 percent over the course of the next 11 years, with the obvious assumption that by the time 2025 rolls around, people will have forgotten this ever happened or we'll all be underwater. The United States and China have reached a climate deal. We now owe China the climate.  Unicorns... or, disappointingly, deer with their antlers fused together to form a single front-facing horn have now been observed in both Washington state and Slovenia. A researcher from the Mississippi State University's Deer Lab has stated that it's "difficult to identify the particular cause of a particular buck's (or doe's) abnormality without a detailed dissection or necropsy." We're thinking it's probably some kind of a deformed Pegasus."No one believed in us!" said the unicorn football team coach. Haha. I'm so stupid.  Hackers in China appear to have hacked into the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the National Weather Service's computer systems, causing cybersecurity teams to work quickly at sealing off important information about U.S. cumulous clouds and Santa Ana winds. This is probably a big deal in actuality, even if it sounds silly. So, I guess be concerned?  After 13 years of leaning back in his chair and referring to fellow adults as "dawg" on Fox's hit competitive singing TV series "American Idol", Randy Jackson has announced his retirement. What he chooses to do next with his self-evident and immense talents currently remains a mystery. Anyone left in the dog pound will be put down.  Your cat is virtually genetically indistinguishable from wild jungle animals who would eat your face off as soon as look at you, according to researchers at Washington University in St. Louis. "We believe we have created the first preliminary evidence that depicts domestic cats as not that far removed from wildcat populations," the senior author of the study told the Los Angeles Times. This information comes as a surprise to no person who has ever owned a cat.  Jihadist militant members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria have a lot more in common with U.S. gamers than just disturbing levels of misogyny. It appears that both groups choose to fuel their day-to-day efforts with energy drinks like Red Bull. A Turkish trucking company told Bloomberg that "every day we have four or five trucks carrying Red Bulls to Syria."  I mentioned Obama going to China just now, but Putin went there as well. Anyway, this is a real ad but I'm not sure of it is tom China, Russia or where, but it just seems weird...


Oh, helps if I read it. It was printed in the Los Angeles Times. China seeing red... haha. That's like one of my jokes.  I have to show this, my sister sent me this pic...


I thought the back one with the orange hair looked like me, but then again he's smiling. So, no.  This is something I have been talking about for a few weeks... Disney is re-releasing all it's classic animated movies but is replacing the princesses with Taylor Swift. Here's the latest...


Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney princess movie by the way. Fun fact, kids.  Alright, so as you know, I live in Florida. Some really stupid shit happens here and nowhere else so that's why I started a pheature to show Florida off. So, once again, here is...


Florida police arrested seven men during a prostitution sting, and boy oh boy did they really catch some hardened criminals. One of those men, Steven Torres, offered an undercover agent $3 and a chicken dinner in exchange for some carnal activity. After the female agent agreed, Torres was arrested for soliciting prostitution. I don't have the transcripts of how that exchange went down, but where I'm from, the promise of chicken dinner is a date, and the three dollars is a paltry... poultry?...  investment compared to an evening of free range dining. Had he not offered the three bucks, would he have been cuffed just for the chicken dinner? I feel like he must have been goaded into solicitation, which begs the question... which offer came first, the chicken, or the nest egg? Torres was taken to jail but released on bond and is due back in court December 1st. Maybe next time he should just offer the $3 in the form of a side. There's no such thing as a free bird. Haha.



Haha. Oh, boy. I love this blog sometimes. Let me know if you spot the Mindphuck. So, before we move on I have to tell you a few nights ago I had dinner with Phile Alum John Lovelady. If you don't know who he is he's an American puppeteer who worked with the Muppets, and he was on the show "The Great Space Coaster." Remember in 2012 when I pheatured a whole month to "TGSC"? Anyway, he told some great stories and we had so much fun. I have to shared this photo of us both...


I hope to have John back on the Phile soon. That would be really cool. One person who is on the Phile a lot is my good friend Jeff, and we talk about football. So, here once again on the Phile it's...


Me: Hey there, welcome back to the Phile. I missed you last week. How is it going?

Jeff: It's good to be back on the Phile once again. Things are going okay here. Hope all is well with you and the readers.

Me: Okay, so, the Giants are pretty much done for the season sadly. What about the Steelers and Eagles? Eagles definitely still have a chance I think.

Jeff: The Giants are pretty terrible this year. The good news is they are not the worst team in the league (more on that to come) but yeah, the chances of them making the playoffs are pretty slim. They have two highly competitive teams in their division... namely the Eagles and the Cowboys. The Steelers were doing well and then they played as bad as they could have this week. It doesn't help when you have losses to teams that had 0 wins and 1 win before beating you like we have had this season. And the Eagles are doing well, second only to the Cardinals in the NFC as far as records.

Me: So, Jeff, any big NFL news recently?

Jeff: Most of the big news over the past two weeks have to do with injuries to key players like 49er's LB Patrick Willis and Cardinals QB Carson Palmer (both out for season with injuries) or off the field issues with Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice. Peterson took a plea deal that will involve no prison time for his case and Rice will have a hearing for reinstatement on Monday. Even if he is reinstated I don't know many teams that will be willing to pick him up this season.

Me: I can't believe Jacksonville got to play in London. How did that fucking happen?

Jeff: Jacksonville got to play in London because the plan is to have every team over the next few seasons to play overseas. Though I am not sure how they were selected to play two seasons in a row, because they will go back next season as well. If I was the fans, I would boycott the game. But that's just me.

Me: Oh, let's talk about the Raiders. They haven't won a game yet. Has any team ever lost every game in the season?

Jeff: The Raiders are winless, it's true. Maybe they would beat the Steelers since we seem to play to the level of our opponent. Yes, teams have gone winless for a season. The last team to do it was the 2008 Detroit Lions. And looking at their remaining schedule, there is a good chance they won't win. If they do win, I predict it will be in week 12 versus the Rams or week 16 versus the Bills.

Me: Okay, so, when we picked last, do you know his we did?

Jeff: When we picked last I went 2-0 with a Steelers win. You and Lori each went 1-1 but the Eagles won to give her a bonus point and the Giants loss. Last week the Eagles were the only team to win giving her an additional point. But as it stands I am still in first place.

Me: Okay, so, let's do this week's picks... I say Denver by 13, and Chargers by 6. What do you say? 

Jeff: I say Cardinals by 3 and Redskins by 7. See you next week.

Me: Yep. Great job as always, Jeff.



Today's pheatured guest is the 29th artist to be pheatured in the Phile's Art Gallery. He is a really talented artist from France. But I won't hard the French part against him. Haha. Please welcome to the Phile... Andry "Shango" Rajoelina.


Me: Bonjour, Andry. Welcome to the Phile. How are you?

Andry: Bonjour and thanks for your welcome! Áa va bien simon.

Me: You are French, right? I apologize, I'm from England, but living here in Orlando.

Andry: Indeed I am.

Me: What part of France are you from?

Andry: I'm currently living and working in Paris but I'm from Tours.

Me: I Googled your name to research you, Andry, and I found out that Andry Rajoelina was the President of Madagascar. That's not you, is it?

Andry: Yes, it is me. Actually I don't even know what I'm doing here. Okay sorry, I'm obviously joking.

Me: I didn't think so, you have a nickname... Shango. What does that mean, Andry, and what is it's origins?

Andry: If I remember well, Shango is some kind of a God of Thunder. It was an old high school joke with friends of mine.

Me: Where are you originally from? Your name is very Latin sounding, and not French. By the way, Peverett is a French name.

Andry: My parents are from Madagascar, so that makes me a Madagascan born in France.

Me: Okay, enough about your name, let's talk about your artwork which I am a big fan of. I first discovered your work when I saw an article about your Super Families series which I pheatured on the Phile. Not all are super heroes, as you have a "Breaking Bad" one, and a "Back to the Future" one, but mostly are super heroes. How did you first come up with this idea?

Andry: Well, thanks a lot for your interest, Phile. About the Super Families, i just remember that I wondered how would it looked like to see Batman taking Robin to school, and that's how the Super Families series began.

Me: What was the first one you did, Andry?

Andry: I did Batman first and then, a year after I decided to do the rest of the Justice League, Marvel characters and then TV series and movies.

Me: Are you still making new ones? You need to make a Guardians of the Galaxy one!

Andry: I have a lot more Families in mind, and I sure will try to make one with at least Groot and Rocket Raccoon. I'll keep you posted.

Me: A lot of your art work is super hero related, or comic book related. You must be a comic book fan, am I right?

Andry: Yes, i guess you can say that.

Me: So, I have to ask... Marvel or DC?

Andry: Honestly, it only depends on who is drawing.

Me: You're also a giant Ninja Turtles fan I take it. You do some cool Turtles work. Did you like the new movie?

Andry: Indeed I am, but i still didn't get to see the new movie because it hasn't been out yet here in France.

Me: I noticed you don't have any Star Wars inspired pieces. What gives? You don't like Star Wars

Andry: Let's say that i kind of like Star Wars, but I'm sure not the biggest fan.

Me: That's it! Interview's over. Just kidding. How old were you when you started to draw, Andry, and what do you like to draw the best?

Andry: Like everyone else I guess, 3-4 year old, and since then I've always loved to draw my favorite characters from cartoon series or movies.

Me: What tools do you use?

Andry: For my digital works I use a Cintiq tablet.  

Me: You have a very unusual style... I cannot imagine who your influences are. Who is your favorite comic book artist?

Andry: I'm a big fan of Stuart Immonnen's work, but most of my influences come from animation artists.

Me: Do you have children, Andry? I bet they love your artwork if you do.

Andry: Actually, just became a father.    \

Me: Congrats! Apart from comic book stuff, you also have some Disney inspired art... your one with Oswald and Mickey is great! I have to show it here...


Me: Are you a big Disney fan?

Andry: Thanks, I like it too, I couldn't help but draw something about the Epic Mickey game, I really loved it. Some of the Disney movies were part of my childhood, and today I still love to watch them with my wife. And working in animation industry kind of help being nostalgic about old classic Disney movies.

Me: You might be interested to know I have worked at Disney World going on 27 years! Ever been? 

Andry: Oh really? Never been there.

Me: You probably go to Disneyland Paris often, am I right?

Andry: I occasionally go to Disneyland and I always enjoy it.

Me: So, do you ever show your work in galleries?

Andry: I've been part of art shows hosted by Geek-Art (geek-art.net/), and I've also work on pieces for other art shows in New York's Bottleneck Gallery (bottleneckgallery.com/), One-Shot Gallery (oneshotgallery.net/) and for another one for San Diego Comic-Con hosted by Geek and Sundry.

Me: A lot of your work would look great on t-shirts and apparel as well, did you ever think about doing that?

Andry: Yes I did, but I wouldn't use the work I've already done, I would try to make new things especially made for t-shirts. Actually, that's what I want to do for my son.

Me: By the way, you are a Beatles fan as well, right? Me too! I like your Beatles piece you did. I have to show that as well...


Andry: Thanks, this one was done for a Bottleneck Gallery art show called Where Is my Mind.

Me: I have to ask you about 850 Meters, that's a film you worked on, am I right?

Andry: Yes, you are.

Me: How did that project come about and where can a Phile reader see it?

Andry: The director of 850 Meters, Joeri Christiaen is a good friend of mine, and a colleague i'm currently working with as a designer. The film was an after-hour project he started to work on in 2010, and finished in beginning of 2014, while he also was directing his own animated TV series "Plankon Invasion", so that's why it was a pretty long project. You can see the film on Vimeo (vimeo.com/80977329) or YouTube (youtube.com/watch?v=5cY5PHE4x_g).

Me: Andry, on the Phile I ask random questions thanks to Tabletopics. Are you ready? What do you complain about more than anything?

Andry: Not having enough hours in a day.

Me: Andry, thanks for being on the Phile. Go ahead and mention your websites and continued success. Please come back again soon, will you?

Andry: Thank you, and I sure will come back soon! Elshangowuzhere.blogspot.fr/, el-shango-drew-and-shot.tumblr.com/, facebook.com/AndryShangoRajoelina, andry-shango-rajoelina-prints.tumblr.com/.





That about does it for this entry of the Phile. Thanks to Jeff Trelewicz and of course Andry. The Phile will be back on Sunday with Phile Alum Lila Rose. Then on Monday it's Andrew Foys, Jeff Krause and Stefan Dostanic from the band Tapebenders. So, spread the word, not the turd. Don't let snakes and alligators bite you. Bye, love you, bye.









Not if it pleases me. No, you can't stop me, not if it pleases me. - Graham Parker

No comments:

Followers