Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pheaturing Clo Floret From We Are Enfant Terrible


Hey, kids, welcome to the Phile. How are you?  Well, a new poll found that Mitt Romney is behind in Florida by 1 percent. Which is weird because if there’s one group that loves Romney, it’s definitely the 1 percent.  Last night Logan and I went to see the film Hotel Transylvania. Which is not to be confused with the other movie... Hotel Tranvestite. Speaking of movies, Clint Eastwood’s new movie, Trouble with the Curve, opened in third place this weekend after making only $12 million. Of course, when he saw a movie theater had so many empty seats, Eastwood was like, “Look at these crowds!”    Are you happy the NFL strike is over? Those NFL replacement refs were so bad, they thought the Green Bay Packers were a Wisconsin moving company. The minute the replacement refs were fired, President Obama said, "See, sometimes losing a job can be a good thing." You know who really got burned by the phony referees? People who gamble. So guess what? The phony refs are gone. The phony referees were actually fathers of the NFL players who would take turns each game refereeing. So now the real referees are back. Who says the U.N. doesn't do anything? Here's how unprofessional the phony referees were. I saw one of those refs send a drink over to a cheerleader.  The other day there was a big meeting at the United Nations in New York. Everyone who walked by the U.N. received a "Mad Dictator" bobblehead doll.  Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is always angry. He said, however, that in fact he does not hate gay people. He went on to say that Iran is on its way to developing one of its own.  A new survey shows how much time we waste every day. For example, we waste seven minutes in line waiting for coffee, 28 minutes getting through airport security, and four years waiting for President Obama to do something about the economy.  Paul Ryan now says that President Obama's foreign policy has "blown up in his face" and it's time to go back to the Republican foreign policy. Well, let's see, Obama kept Guantanamo Bay open, the troops are still overseas, and the Middle East hates us. Isn't that the Republican foreign policy?   Alright, so todays pheatured guest Clo Floret is from France, right? I was so happy there's a new French inspirational poster to share today for her. Check it out.


I jest. LOL. Hope she and other French people won't be mad.  You know, I had a thought the other day. If a 747 can carry the space shuttle then I call bullshit on overweight luggage fees. Who's with me? So, I talked about the replacement refs, but I am gonna miss them. It was like watching extra entertainment during the game. A lot of people think the final straw to settle the dispute and bring the real refs back was because of the Green Bay game. It wasn't. This is the real reason.


The other day like I said, there was a big meeting at the U.N. I am not sure what they talked about but this might give us a clue.


Who is that guy? I know it's Adam West, but who is the other guy? Anyway, here is some sad news...


Herbert Lom
Sept 11, 1917 - Sept 27, 2012
He was the Chief Inspector in The Pink Panther movies, sure. But more importantly, he was the child of Karl ze Schluderpacheru and his spouse Olga née Gottlieb who were members of Austrian nobility. If that's not celebrity, then we don't know what is.





Mavis (voiced by Selena Gomez) is the daughter of Dracula (Adam Sandler) and she suffers from Little Mermaid Syndrome. She just turned 118, legal in vampire years, and wants out of the stifling cocoon of the world she knows, a for-monsters-only resort run by her over-protective father. Dad, however, understands that beyond the walls of his safe haven lies the world of hostile humans and their monster-murdering ways. Along comes a human tourist-bro (Andy Samberg). Mavis falls for his chill, adventurous ways, Drac disguises the boy as a Frankenstein's monster-like creature to keep him safe, misunderstandings occur, prejudice blooms and crumples, and the dividing line between the living and the undead finds itself blurred by what else?... the great forces of marketing, pop culture and Twilight (the movie's opinion on this unexpected turn of historical events amounts to casual amusement rather than resentment over the branding of fringe culture into salable product, so don't expect anything more). The packed house of the theater I attended didn't fidget, yell, run up and down the aisles or bother their grown-up parents in any way that I could discern. They also didn't get the occasional adult-level jokes designed to fly past their understanding, which is just as well. And like most children's films that don't have a solidly written ending, it resorts to inoffensive Black Eyed Peas-level party jams to ramp up excitement before the closing credits, complete with AutoTuned monster-singing and vampire rapping. Why not? Adults have less to accept without question but more witty gags to laugh at thanks to the script, co-written by "Saturday Night Live's" TV Funhouse guy Robert Smigel, and a happily irreverent, fast pace from director Genndy Tartakovsky ("Samurai Jack", "Dexter's Laboratory", "Powerpuff Girls"). If you, the non-kid ticket buyer, want more than simple childlike entertainment, consider seeing the darker, more mature ParaNorman instead. This is Halloween candy: processed sugar that tastes great. Enjoy in moderation, brush when you're done, and don't fret about it too much. From 1 to 10, I give it a 9.



A few weeks ago I introduced you to the newest member of the Phile phamily. He's a singer, surfer, patriot and renaissance man. Please welcome back to the Phile from Long Island, Laird Jim in a pheature I call...


Good morning, humans. And now, a few words on bad parenting... I'm driving on a road near my place, a residential yet busy road. I notice a sloped driveway, a father and a small child sitting on a skateboard with no helmet being shoved down the hill and into the street. This four year old just missed being squashed by a van and the father says, "Are you okay ?" Of course he's not okay... the only shot this kid has at making it to age 10, is if his mother isn't as big a moron as you are. Some people should have their ID's stamped TOO STUPID TO BREED.




Over the past year or so I had a lot of interesting people on the Phile to talk about the Democratic Party and campaign. People like Jeremy Bird, Howard Dean, the lovely Stephanie Cutter and even the Obama's themselves. Today I have someone different. He is an American actor, producer, and civil servant. As an actor, he is known for his roles portraying the character Dr. Lawrence Kutner on the television program "House" and the character Kumar Patel in the Harold and Kumar comedy films. He is also recognized for his performance in the critically acclaimed film The Namesake. Please welcome to the Phile, Associate Director in the White House Office of Public Engagement... Kal Penn!


Me: Hello, Kal, welcome back to the Phile. I love the work you did on "House". Anyway, I have to ask, before we get started, what was the first political job you did?

Kal: Jason, friend... yes, we're friends, in 2007, I spent a few months in Iowa before the caucuses, getting all sorts of folks fired up to cast their vote for this guy named Barack Obama.

Me: What do you remember most back then, Kal?

Kal: It was shockingly, painfully cold. And fun. Actually, super fun. And easier than I thought, to talk to total strangers and ask them to vote.

Me: And what did you do in 2008? You became more involved, right?

Kal: Yeah, I traveled to 25 other states for the President in 2008.

Me: And you're volunteering again this year? Why is that, Kal? Why take a break from a successful movie and TV career to volunteer for Obama?

Kal: Well, because we don't want to see the progress we've made on everything from student loans to health care get turned back.

Me: You wanted to come on the Phile not to talk about your movie career even though I'd love youi to talk about the Harold and Kumar movies, but you're here to talk about something called Vote Corps, am I right? What is that exactly?

Kal: A group of the most dedicated organizers out there. 

Me: If anyone joins, what will they do, Kal?

Kal: You'll be doing exactly what I did...

Me: Which is?

Kal: Going to one of the most critical states for a few weeks leading up to Election Day, and making sure people there go to the polls.

Me: How would you do that?

Kal: You'll make phone calls, knock on doors, and have one-on-one conversations with people about why you support President Obama. It's important, fun stuff.

Me: So, this is a volunteer job, right?

Kal: Yeah, you'll be a volunteer, but the local staff, fellow volunteers, and people you meet will make it worth your while in donuts, love, and appreciation (and let's face it, donuts are legit).

Me: I like donuts... how long would someone have to volunteer?

Kal: Whenever you arrive, they'll want you to stay through Election Day.

Me: I take it that's the cool part, on Election Day.

Kal: Yeah, Jason, take my word for it, that'll be the best part.

Me: Okay, on Election Day in 2008, where were you, Kal?

Kal: I was in Florida with a bunch of awesome young volunteers and their sweet robot...

Me: Wait, a robot?

Kal: Yeah, check it out.


Me: Gators for Obama? Cool you were in Gainesville. So, where will you be this year, Kal?

Kal: Where will I go this year?

Me: Yeah.

Kal: Where will you go?

Me: I am not sure...

Kal: Jason, sign up now with your readers to join Vote Corps, and a really nice organizer will drop you a line to tell you more.

Me: Where does anybody sign up?

Kal: my.barackobama.com/Vote-Corps. Just tell them Kal said you should do this.

Me: Why should anyone do this?

Kal: Because I did.

Me: Okay, I sign up... and my readers, and then what?

Kal: And then fist bump and hug it out with your new friends. Smell that? It's freedom.

Me: Thanks, Kal. I don't know if I'll sign up, but hopefully some of my hip young readers will. All the best, and take care.

Kal: Thanks, Jason, keep up the good work. Love your blog. And sign up.




The 25th artist to be pheatured in the Peverett Phile Art Gallery is Jeffro Kilpatrick and this is one of his pieces of art...


Jeffro will be a guest on the Phile next entry on Wednesday.







Alright, today's pheatured guest is the lead singer for the French band We Are Enfant Terrible. Their new album "Explicit Pictures" and EP "Slice of Life" are now available on iTunes and they'll be next appearing at Atheneum, Dijon, France on October 4th. Please welcome to the Phile, the hottest French girl I know... Clo Floret.


Me: Bonjour, and welcome to the Phile, Clo. How are you?

Clo: Je vais trés bien and you?

Me: Okay, I guess. Alright, so, first of, Clo, I am English, and you are French, so technically I shouldn't be interviewing you. LOL. Why don't you think the British and the French don't get along?

Clo: Because you drive in the wrong way, your wine is bad, you don't share your Topshop and your very stylish/fashion secrets... you don't eat frogs.

Me: Good point. Where in France are you kids from?

Clo: From Lille, north of France, quite a French Manchester.

Me: How is the music scene in Paris?

Clo: Snob and small.

Me: I have been to France when I was a kid, St. Tropez I think it is called, but never to Paris... I do wanna go to Euro Disney though. Anyway, I heard Paris is a romantic city. Is that how you kids met?

Clo: No, I'm the only one who lives in Paris actually because I have a fiancé on les Champs Elysés. Did you met Brigitte Bardot in St. Tropez?

Me: Ummm... no, I don't think so. I was only five. Anyway, who is in the band, Clo?

Clo: A bunch of bananas dressed like one girl and 2 fellas.

Me: I have to hand it to you, you do have the hottest French chick I have ever seen. Whose idea was for the band to form in the first place?

Clo: The hottest of the 3 of us. : )

Me: You kids have a different type of sound, and one of you plays a Nintendo Gameboy, right, not for the games, but for the music? Whose idea was that?

Clo: Guys.

Me: Do you use the DS as well?

Clo: Of course! I use my DS to feed my virtual kitten.

Me: Are you kids all into video games?

Clo: Mario Bros is our father.

Me: I have no idea who your influences would be. Who are your influences?

Clo: Mario Bros, kittens, Beatles, Daft Punk...

Me: Let's talk about the band name, We Are Enfant Terrible. I am guessing Enfant is French or Infant, am I right?

Clo: Means wild child, I thought you use this French expression "enfant terrible" to talk about a wild person. : )

 Me: There's nothing terrible about you, Clo. Where did the band name come from?

Clo: Terrible have many meanings, could be awfull or fantastic, we try to be at least in the middle of those 2. ; )

Me: Okay, let's talk about your new album, "Explicit Pictures". Where did the name of the album come from?

Clo: Because we used stupid family pictures to do the album's visuals. It's our origins, our blood, our material. So it's explicit pictures of our lives.

Me: Do you kids all write the music for the album?

Clo: Yes, who else?

Me: I don't know. You kids played for Rick Ross, founder of Delicious Vinyl, who is a big hip-hop producer I think. How did he like your music? Did he say anything nice?

Clo: He gave me a very cool tee shirt and I'm proud to wear it.

Me: You have another release, an EP called, "La vie est belle, mes enfants". What does that mean?

Clo: Means "life is beautiful my dear". If people try to say it more often, world could be better.

Me: In this one you're singing in French. I was gonna download it like I downloaded "Explicit Pictures" from iTunes but as you're singing in French, I didn't. Are these all brand new songs?

Clo: Haha... allergy to French language?

Me: No, I just don't understand it. I did download your other EP "Slice of Life" though.

Clo: The songs are covers from New Young Pony Club, Beck and 2 old French singers: Dutronc and Gainsbourg.

Me: Will you be releasing these songs in English?

Clo: For two of them, they are originally in English. : )

Me: What do you prefer, singing in French or English?

Clo: English.

Me: I am guessing you are also fans of "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" as you kids have a song called "Thanks For the Fish". Am I right? Or is that an April Fool's Day reference? Don't you guys in France stick fish on people's backs for April Fools?

Clo: Wow, well noticed! Both are correct and yes, we stick real stinky fish in backs of people we don't like.

Me: Well, thanks for being on the Phile, Clo. Go ahead and mention your website and anything else. Please come back when the next project comes out. All the best.

Clo: Thanks, hugs and weareenfantterrible.com.




That was an interesting interview. I will have Clo back on the Phile again. Thanks to my guests Laird Jim, Kal Penn and of course Clo Floret. The Phile is off tomorrow as I will be at Epcot for the 30th anniversary celebration. But on Wednesday the Phile will be back with artist Jeffro Kilpatrick. Then next Sunday it's Gilson Schachnik from the jazz band Muzik. On Monday it's Dave Rosin from the popular Canadian band Hedley and next Wednesday musician Chris Jagger. I betcha can guess who he is the brother of. Thanks for reading, klids. Spread the word, not the turd. Don't let snakes and alligators bite you. Bye, love you, bye.



No comments:

Followers