Monday, June 22, 2009

Pheaturing Orji


PHIRST OF

Hello, welcome to another Monday entry of the Phile. It's like an orgy for the brain. Speaking of orgies, today's guest is a very talented singer from England who calls himself Orji. Man, that guy is slick. I bet he gets all kinds of woman. The Phile is a proud sponsor of TACAnow.org and generationrescue.orgThe Mexican navy this week siezed almost 2,000 pounds of cocaine hidden inside the bodies of frozen sharks. Who knew Mexico had a navy? It's already being made into a movie: SharkfaceSecretary of State Hillary Clinton is in a cast. She fell and fractured her elbow. Fortunately, her scowl broke her fall. Everyone is concerned about her. To wish her well, they flew a pantsuit at half-mast at the White House. The president is getting a lot of criticism from PETA... the Psychotic Ethical Treatment of Animals. They're taking exception to the president killing a fly. For real. I guess the fly was a gift from the president of Ethiopia. They're saying he should have captured the fly and taken it outside. They have relocated the fly's family to the rose garden where they are now living on a fresh pile of Obama's dog droppings. Did you dad's out there have a good Father's Day? I worked all day, then got home, had a two hour nap and we went out to the Outback. Logan said to me, "Hey Dad, on your special day, how 'bout updating your will?" It was nice of him to go through the motions like this every year. Ever see those inspirational posters you can buy at those inspirational type stores? You know what I mean? I posted one a few entries ago. Anyway, I found this one and thought it was a bit depressing. Check it out. 


See what I mean? Not very inspirational, but it is factual. 


1633
The Holy Office in Rome forces Galileo Galilei to recant his scientific view that the Sun, not the Earth, is the center of the Universe: "I abjure with a sincere heart and unfeigned faith these errors and heresies, and I curse and detest them as well as any other error, heresy or sect contrary to the Holy Catholic Church."
1940
France surrenders; hilarity ensues. Adolf Hitler forces the instrument of surrender to be signed in the very railcar in which the French inflicted the humiliating World War I Treaty of Versailles upon the Germans.
1941
The German Army invades Russia, quickly destroying five Russian armies and one fourth of the Red air force. At completion of the war in 1945, nearly 27 million Soviets were dead. Thus ended the German-Soviet "Peace and Friendship" Treaty.
1969
Judy Garland dies of a barbiturate overdose in her London apartment, either by accident or suicide. Quote from Judy: "When I die I have visions of fags singing 'Over the Rainbow' and the flag at Fire Island being flown at half mast."
1993
Dr. Charles Epstein of Tiburon, CA is injured when he opens a padded manilla package containing a surprise gift from the Unabomber.
2004
In a chance meeting between Vice President Dick Cheney and Senator Patrick Leahy, the pair argue about Halliburton's no-bid Iraq contracts. The "frank exchange of views" ends, Cheney says this to Leahy: Fuck yourself! Cheney's spokesman does not deny the VP dropped the f-bomb.



Okay, let's get down to it. Today's guest is a soul, r&b singer from London, who describes himself as a random muse. I describe myself as random funny. Anyway, please welcome to the Phile... Orji.



Me: Hello, Orji, welcome to the Phile. How are you?

Orji: Hi, Jay, I'm fine thanks.

Me: Is this your first interview you have ever done?

Orji: Yes, it is.

Me: How long have you been writing music, and what did you do before that?

Orji: Unlike those who'll nearly claim they wrote, sang and danced when they were tots, I wrote my first song when I was in the secondary school, but unfortunately it was a Seminary and I started having problem thereon.

Me: I couldn't find any info on you on the web, so help me. Where are you from, and what kind of music do you play?

Orji: I'm from Peterborough UK, annd I'm a soul land r&b artiste.

Me: So, you are recording your music in London? How is that going? Where in London are you recording?

Orji: Yea, started off in London and finished at The Lodge studios Northampton.

Me: Do you have a band or are you doing all yourself?

Orji: I'm a solo act, tho' but can't wait to have a band if this single is any way near success.

Me: Do you paint and do art as well, or just write and sing, sir?

Orji: Yea sir, I do and had ehibited in the past. My next exhibition will be all my song in abstract painting on acrylic.

Me: Who are your influences and idols? I am guessing you like Bob Marley.

Orji: Like you know, he was a genius. Others are Marvin Gaye, Ray, Dusty and Quincy & the king 'Wacko'.

Me: What about touring? Do you play live often?

Orji: You don't make money from gigs if you don't have a good song in the market. I did in the past but if I'm lucky to have great fans, I'll start again.

Me: Orji, do you have anything else you would like to tell the phans of the Phile? I hope this was fun for you. Let me know when you get a website up, and I'll plug it for ya. Good luck with your music, sir.

Orji: No sir.


PHINALLY

Man, that was one boring interview, wasn't it? Anyway, his music is good. You can download his two songs at iTunes. Just look up Orji. Well, the Phile will be back this Friday with Paul Bassland, a singer and dancer from England. Until then, spread the word, not the turd.





No comments:

Followers